There are 4 sections to the following Notes on this book:
1 – About Vol 3: MULTIPLICATION @ THE SPEED OF THOUGHT
from the series: JAIN MATHEMAGICS CURRICULUM FOR THE GLOBAL SCHOOL
2 – BACK COVER BLURB
3 – CONTENTS
4 – 10 SAMPLE PAGES
Section 1 – About Vol 3: MULTIPLICATION @ THE SPEED OF THOUGHT.
(from the series: JAIN MATHEMAGICS CURRICULUM FOR THE GLOBAL SCHOOL)
This book contains 196 photocopied pages, is computer-typed, highly illustrated, the book is a golden rectangle but fitted or orientated to A4 landscape , and wire bound.
Self Published in 2011 First Edition
- This is my favourite book on Rapid Mental Calculation, and the most popular one. It gives more advanced information for the serious student, but also allows the beginner to understand some new formulae. This is an Educational Workbook for Children & Adults and a Teacher’s Resource Material for those interested in learning and teaching Rapid Mental Calculation. It increases the child’s Memory Power and Confidence.
- To start the learning process of understanding the magic of Vedic Mathematics, better known as Rapid Mental Calculation, read this book coupled with a dvd.
- This is the book, as well as Book 2, that most people request for at the end of a Jain Lecture or Seminar, something available for their children to commence applying practical, day-to-day examples.
- It continues on from where Book 2 finishes, and covers topics on Base 100 to 1000 and beyond, achieving mental answers in the millions!
- Vertically and Crosswise Sutra is introduced again in more detail.
- The Law of the Squares is a fun chapter, and this leads to algebraic proofs of the sutras for Advanced Students. (See the Contents for the full outline of subjects covered).
- Lots of Examples, with lots of Exercises and all the Answers shown in full detail.
- This book has long been waited for. There are special sections for Advanced Students and Teacher’s Resources which include pages on Worksheets.
- It has an appendix with unpublished articles on Vedic Mathemagics that went global and launched Jain’s career onto the international stage.
- This is an Educational Workbook for Children and a Teacher’s Resource Material for those interested in learning and teaching Rapid Mental Calculation. It Increases the child’s Memory Power and Confidence.
- This long-waited for book of Ancient Mathematical Short-Cuts excavates many hidden truths and vital properties in the playing field of Numbers.
- There are references to special numbers, taken from an unpublished compendium called “HARMONIC STAIRWAY” from Jain’s Dictionary of Numbers, for the first time in print. These choice Mathematical Plums are something that the student stumbles upon.
- But these are not any particular numbers, they are anointed numbers that our forebears held in high esteem. Beautifully and richly illustrated that the graphics alone educate.
- The student learns about other Families of Numbers, some Number Theory, other numerical relatives and mathematical cousins that enrich their understanding of what mathematics is really about. This long-waited for book of Ancient Mathematical Short-Cuts excavates many hidden truths and vital properties in the playing field of Numbers. It instills that sense of joy and wonderment that Pythagoras and Baudahayana knew.
- There is no error; it is an infallible bullet-proof system, based on Unity Consciousness.
- As Jain Mathemagics becomes more globally acknowledged, it will help end the generational tyranny that has kept such knowledge in the dusty cupboard. This book is an organic pill that will prevent the slowly encroaching borgificiation of Mathematics.
- Since the turn of the bi-Millennium, there has been a global renaissance in the subject of “Sacred Geometry”. You could summarize it as a fascination for the Language of Shape. This book invites seekers to truly incorporate SHAPE into their ability to perform mathematics, to apply this Language of Shape to the next octave of learning, not theoretically, but by practical use of using SHAPE to literally perform mental calculations within seconds.
- The 16 “Threads” or Sutras that solve all known mathematical problems express The Law of Economy and The Path Of Least Resistance.
- Often students come out of school unable to recover from deep mathematical wounds. They are misdiagnosed as “unintelligent” or “dumb”, given drugs like Ritalin, told they are ADHD (which really means: Attuned Directly to Higher Dimensions). In fact, Dyslexic children are geniuses.
- UNCOVER, RECOVER, DISCOVER.
Section 2 – BACK COVER BLURB
Curriculum 3: MULTIPLICATION @ THE SPEED OF THOUGHT
Subtitled: JAIN MATHEMAGICS CURRICULUM For The GLOBAL SCHOOL. 2011
Old BACK COVER BLURB
CAN YOU MULTIPLY 108 X 108 IN 5 SECONDS?
If you are allergic to Mathematics, then this series of books is for you. Goodbye to Factory Style Mathematics, the Nemesis of several generations of wounded students forced to be spoonfed a non-organic, pasteurized and homogenized mathematical curriculum.
And welcome to this Mathematical Whole Foods, this MetaMathematics organized by Jain 108 who has dedicated his life to exploring and collecting the Mathematical Plums of cross-disciplinary research, essential for the emerging New Millennium Mathematics.
Having been tested and tried in his local Byron Bay shire, far north NSW, Australia, it appears to be a bullet-proof system usable in any culture or country. It is simple and shareable. It continues on from where “Book 2, Multiplication” finished.
Some of the Contents include:
- Base 100, using the Sutra: “By The Excess” to mentally multiplying numbers like 108 x 108 and climbing the scale of bases to Base 200 eg: 208 x 209, and Base 1,000 eg: 1011 x 1035 and higher. Students are literally achieving answers, in their head, larger than 1 million.
- The universal Sutra: “Vertically & Crosswise” multiplies 3 Digits x 3 Digits eg: 123 x 321 and
- 4 Digits x 4 Digits eg: 1234 x 4321 as one-line answers.
- The Law of the Squares eg how to multiply 312 instantly.
- The Squaring of Numbers ending in 25 eg: 1252. — Concept of “Bar Numbers” or Negative Numbers to multiply numbers Above and Below A Base eg: 96 x 108
- Algebraic Proofs of the important formulas. — And many other Ingenious Short Cut Methods Of Multiplication like “The Difference of Two Squares” eg: 152– 132.
- Students Receive a Certificate Of Completion
- Teacher Training Available.
Section 3 — CONTENTS
SECTION 1: NIKHALAM SUTRA
(For Easy Multiplication of Numbers Above or Below a Base like Ten, Hundred, Thousand, Million, etc)
— CHAPTER ONE: Sutra “By The Excess”, Over the Base of 100 eg: 103 x 104
— CHAPTER TWO: “By The Deficiency”, Under the Base of 100 eg: 96 x 95
— CHAPTER THREE: When Multiplying One Number Above the Base and One Below the Base eg: 97 x 104
— CHAPTER FOUR: Base 200 using “By The Excess” eg: 207 x 208
— CHAPTER FIVE: Base 300 to 1000 using “By The Excess” eg: 504 x 505
— CHAPTER SIX: Base 1000 using “By The Excess” eg: 1002 x 1000
— CHAPTER SEVEN: Base 10,000 Base 100,000 and Base 1,000,000 and Above using “By The Excess”
eg: 1,000,008 x 1,000,009
SECTION 2: SUTRA: VERTICALLY AND CROSSWISE
— aka: URDHVA-TIRYAK Or Urdhva-Tiryagbhayam Sutra in Sanskrit. (The Universal Sutra for all Types of Multiplication, especially when the numbers are not near an easy base)
eg: 21 x 83 MULTIPLYING 2-DIGIT BY 2-DIGIT NUMBERS Using Vertically and Crosswise
— An Example Involving the Use of a Carry-Over: eg: 13 x 14 eg: 35 x 35
— TRACHTENBERG’S ALTERNATIVE: A More Preferable Method for Multiplying 23 x 81.
Multiplication of OUTER DIGITS + Multiplication of INNER DIGITS
— Rare Cases in Multiplication by Splitting Digits Viewing 3-digit Numbers as 2-Digit Numbers
when applying sutra Vertically and Crosswise eg: 123 x 131 becomes 12/3 x 13/1
— Multiplication of 3-Digits x 3-Digits using Paired Digits eg: 404 x 503 becomes 4/04 x 5/05
— Moving Multiplier Method for 4 Digits x 2 Digits eg: 1234 x 21
— Examples of “X-Shape” appearing in Nature and the Origin of the Multiplication Symbol “x”.
— Gelosia Multiplication (Arabic Lozenge Method) eg: 3.64 x 2.3
— MULTIPLYING 3-DIGIT BY 3-DIGIT NUMBERS Using Vertically and Crosswise eg: 123 x 456
— MULTIPLYING 4-DIGIT BY 4-DIGIT NUMBERS Using Vertically and Crosswise eg: 1234 x 4321 (Ex 13)
SECTION 3: LAW OF THE SQUARES
— Other Ingenious Short Cut Methods Of Multiplication Difference of Two Squares eg: 152– 132
— Fallacy 2 = 1 (Algebraic Proof)
— Squaring of 2 Digit by 2 Digit Numbers Using “Double The Product” or Duplex eg: 312
— Splitting 3 Digit Numbers to be Squared to 2 Digit Numbers Being Squared eg: 1242 = (12/4)2
— Squaring 3 Digit Numbers as 2 Digit Numbers Utilizing the End Pair eg: 4122 = (14/2)2
— The Differences Between The Squares Centred around 502.
— Squaring of Numbers ending in 5 or Zero Using “Double The Product” eg: 2162
— Squaring of Algebraic Expressions eg: (2x + 4)2
— Multiplication of Numbers that Differ by 2. The Law Of Averages. eg: 11 x 9 and its Geometric Proof.
— Multiplying Teen Numbers that Differ by 2 eg: 13 x 15 = 142 – 1 Using Formula (M2 – 1)
— Multiplication of Numbers that Differ by More Than 2 eg: 48 x 52
— Palindromic Squares eg: 122 & 212
— Squaring Numbers Ending In 25 eg: 1252
— Squaring 3 Digit Numbers Ending In 5 eg: 1852
— Multiplication of 3 or More Consecutive Single and 2 Digit Numbers Using Formula (M3 – M)
eg: 3x4x5 and 19x20x21
SECTION 4 A: MULTIPLYING USING BAR OR NEGATIVE NUMBERS
FOR ADVANCED STUDENTS ONLY
— Multiplying Negative or Bar Numbers Above And Below a Base eg: 12 x 8
1— What Happens When a Fraction Turns Up eg: 48 x 49
using a Working Base WB of 50 and an Operating Base OB of 100
— Multiplying 2 Digit Numbers having 1 Number above the specified Base and 1 Number Below
eg: 62 x 48 (Advanced Exercise 27)
SECTION 4 B: ALGEBRAIC PROOFS OF SOME OF THE SUTRAS,
FOR ADVANCED STUDENTS ONLY
— 1: Algebraic Formula for the Multiplication of the Teen Numbers eg: 18 x 17
— 2: Algebraic Explanation for 98 Squared (982)
— 3: The Traditional Algebraic Proof of 88 x 98
— 4: Algebraic Formula for Bases 10 to 90
— 5: Algebraic Proof of Cognate Numbers: eg: 22×28. How to Show this Concept of “By One More”
— 6: Algebraic Proof of Vertically & Crosswise
— 7: The Squaring of Numbers in the 50s eg: 542
— A Speech By Jain To His Class
SECTION 5: APPENDIX
Appendix – 1
— Parable of the “Harmonic 108” Part 1: Parable of the “Harmonic 108”
— Part 2: Evolution of the Sutra (On the Importance of Shape of Universal Formulae)
— Part 3: The Universal Scaling Harmonic of 34,560
— Postscript: “Perfect Digit Invariant” eg: 3435 = 33443355
Appendix – 2
— Lucas Heights Nuclear Reactor, Sydney, 1974
Appendix – 3
— What Is a Vedic Sutra & How Do They Relate To Principles of the Mind?
Appendix – 4
— Mission Statement
Appendix – 5
— Forgetting and Forgiving Your Maths Teacher
Appendix – 6
— Interview With Jain By Jain (08-08-08)
— Number Index
Section 4 –
10 SAMPLE PAGES
Page 1 of 10
Sutra: Vertically and Crosswise showing the Yantra or Power Art of how the Brain actually performs Multiplication using these “X”-Shapes.
Page 2 of 10
Gelosia Multiplication: how the Arabs multiplied
Page 3 of 10
Law of the Squares
Page 4 of 10
Typical Exercise Page with allotted space for the working out.
Page 5 of 10
Multiplying Numbers Having a Difference of 2
Page 6 of 10
Page 7 of 10
ArchAngle Metatron: Lord of the Electron, by visionary artist: Lily Moses
Page 8 of 10
Atomic Structure of Platinum Crystal, first photo ever revealed of the atom in the 1950s.
Page 9 of 10
Chart of the Sutras and Sub-Sutras
Page 10 of 10